Louisville First Time Home Buyer Class
Louisville, Kentucky – Buying a home is a complex process. But it doesn’t have to be complicated. If you are considering making your first home purchase, than you’ll want to familiarize yourself with the process. That is why The Home Buying Academy was founded. Our first time home buyer class will give you a foundation of knowledge that empowers you to make the best decisions for you and your family.
The class starts with a foundation understanding of the different types of mortgages available. How much can you qualify for based on your income? What down payment assistance programs do I qualify for? We will then discuss credit scores and credit building. We’ll look at how your credit score impacts your mortgage choices and if need be, how you can go about raising your credit score. We’ll talk about terms like title insurance, inspections, negotiations, and real estate contracts. You’ll essentially get a 2 hour crash course in the home buying process.
Why would you want to attend one of our classes? Well, it’s a good way to get started with the process of looking for a home. We have a lot of handouts in addition to the information we cover in the class—we just don’t stand up there and talk. It’s also a good time to ask questions about everything from credit reports, how the inspection process works or how multiple offer situations are handled. Understand what sellers are really looking for in a buyer.
The class will be presented in an information-packed 2-hour format. Even if you presently own a home, but would like a refresher course, or are looking to invest in another you will obtain must have information before you make a real estate investment.
At the class you will learn:
Financing Questions, Including:
- What is involved in getting approved for a home loan?
- How much home can I afford?
- Do I qualify for a zero down payment loan?
- Can I see my credit? Is my credit good enough?
- Can I get the seller to pay my closing costs?
Credit Scoring and Credit Building Questions, Including:
- How is my credit score established?
- What’s in your Credit?
- Secret tips to improve credit scores quickly!
- FICO scores v. online FAKO scores!
Guidance from local area expert Realtors on:
- What are the steps in buying a home?
- Why use a REALTOR?
- Who does the REALTOR represent?
- Who pays the REALTOR’S service fee?
- What is a Short Sale and how do they work?
- How to find the “Hot Deals” before anyone else!
The home inspection process:
- What does the inspection cover?
- What type of report is provided and how long will it take to receive?
- Can a home fail a home inspection?
- What about termites and mold?
The legal process:
- Does this contract protect my interests?
- Closing Statements
- What kind of deed do I need?
- Why do a title search?
- What is title insurance?
- Who does the closing attorney represent?
This FREE community class will take the confusion away and replace it with practical, down-to-earth knowledge that you can use. From getting started, to getting moved in, you’ll be led through the whole process.
At the class you will receive a FREE Buyers Reference Binder to get you started in the right direction. This and lots of other information is yours free with absolutely no obligation of any kind.